As a fundamental aspect of this programme we are promoting environmental sustainability through waste reduction and reduction of valuable resources being sent to landfill.
We promote sustainability and responsible use of resources throughout our business and also the businesses we collect from. By actively implementing sustainable business practices, we raise awareness and embed practices with staff, partners, clients and suppliers. We are currently working towards the ISO14001 standard.
We actively promote sustainability through :
- monitor use of natural resources and strive to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness with which they are used, and minimise environmental Impacts.
- develop, where practical, new products and services, which seek to achieve greater sustainability.
- promoting the use of biodiesel fuels as a means of reducing the carbon footprint of our vehicles.
- encouraging staff to walk, cycle or use public transport instead of driving to work whenever this is practical. Also to car share to save fuel and money.
- encouraging communication by e-mail/telephone to reduce the amount of non-essential travel.
- Aim to achieve good waste management by reducing the quantity of waste produced, as well as by reusing, repairing and recycling whenever possible.
- Providing training for our clients in waste reduction; duty of care; sorting at source; material recognition and recycling; and zero waste targets.
- Using local products and services if possible
- Ensuring that our supplier partners have environmental policies that do not conflict with our own
- The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring staff have a clear understanding of their environmental responsibilities.
- Policy and the effectiveness of its implementation are reviewed on an annual basis.